Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Cheer with my Margo Dear!

Margo’s first Christmas was truly memorable! Although she didn’t know what was going on and was a bit overwhelmed by it all, it was so much fun having Santa visit and creating new memories and traditions with her.

We spent Christmas Eve with my family and Margo did really well until it got to opening presents and there was a bit too much excitement. Margo and Caroline, her cousin, wore matching bows, which was not planned and made it extra special. I loved her in her smocked dress! Alan made his amazing beef tenderloin and we had a meal that rivals even the best of restaurants.

Margo and Grannie


Christmas morning Margo woke up very happy after having slept through the night for 11 hours for only the second time! We took our time feeding her and then set her in her bumbo in front of her toys from Santa. I wanted to go crazy with toys, but knew it wasn’t really necessary since she is so little. I am also going to work really hard at trying to not spoil Margo too much. I think some kids have far too many things and have little appreciation for their toys, so I hope that we can prevent this in our home. I want Margo to have a clear understanding that Christmas is most importantly, about Jesus’ birth. That doesn’t mean that I don’t plan on making it plenty fun too!



The new tradition I started at our house was giving Margo nine books—one from each of Santa’s reindeer with a special message from each of them. I am a huge advocate of reading and thought this would be a fun way to incorporate it in her Christmas, so she receives more than just toys.


Christmas Day was spent with the Weavers and was also a ton of fun. Margo got a lot of attention and enjoyed being around those who love her so much. Our traditional Christmas dinner hit the spot and we enjoyed Ron’s amazing margaritas as well!




Margo was incredibly blessed with lots of awesome toys, clothes, books and more from both of our families. Christmas has always been a special time for us and is by far, my most favorite holiday. Having Margo brings a whole different level of happiness to our lives and now makes the holidays even more amazing and fun! We are truly blessed with such a sweet baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. I love the books from the reindeers.. Thats such an awesome idea..

    ReplyDelete