Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Frittata After my Heart-a!!

I have this massive manila folder filled with recipes I have torn out. It is so intimidating that I rarely go through it and when I do I ponder the same old ones over and over again.

I am so glad I finally decided to try this one... from Ladies' Home Journal in 2009. Think I need to clean out? It is so low in calories and so delicious, I absolutely had to share!

Asparagus & Zucchini Frittata
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1” pieces
1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
½ small zucchini, halved lengthwise & sliced
1/3 c. chopped onion
¼ c. chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
1/3 c. reduced-fat shredded mozzarella
8 eggs
½ c. fat-free milk
1 T. fresh dill
¾ t. salt
1 t. pepper
2 T. all-purpose flour
4 T. finely shredded parmesan

Lightly grease a 2 quart rectangular baking dish & set aside. In a large saucepan, bring 1” water to a boil. Add asparagus, yellow bell pepper, zucchini and onion. Cover & simmer until just tender; drain well. Stir in roasted red peppers and spread vegetable mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Beat together next six ingredients and pour over vegetables. Bake at 350ยบ for 35 to 40 minutes until slightly puffed. Sprinkle with parmesan and let stand 10 minutes before serving.

It says it makes eight servings, but we had this for dinner with a salad and it makes more like six servings in the Weaver household! Nonetheless, for eight servings, it is 84 calories and oh' so yummy! Margo loved it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment