Monday, November 28, 2011

There is no bigger prize than getting Margo baptized!

Our sweet little angel was baptized on November 12th and it was a beautiful ceremony. We had waited so long to baptize her because I was afraid to expose her to germs when she was tiny and we really wanted Cary’s uncle, who is a priest, to baptize her. In what was an otherwise perfect day, the only thing missing was Uncle Doug. The stars just couldn’t seem to align to have him be a part of the ceremony, so we reluctantly went ahead without him.

Margo looked so sweet in her white, smocked dress. I had so much fun dressing her up! Sitting still was very difficult for her, but she managed to get through the whole ceremony without any tears. She loved the water and was extremely calm when it was poured over her head, thank goodness!


My dearest sister, Laura, and beloved brother-in-law, Alan, are Margo’s God parents and I could not think of anyone better. They have been so helpful since Margo was born and brought us meals, gave advice and have worked hard at being a part of Margo’s life despite their busy little brood. Margo loves their kids, her cousins, and I know they will help foster her spiritual growth throughout life.



After the baptism, my sister hosted a yummy brunch at her house and served this amazing breakfast dish! We celebrated Margo’s special day with good food, bloody mary’s, mimosas and our amazing family—the most important part! This was the first time I was able to sit and visit without really watching Margo because her cousins kept her so well entertained. It was so sweet to see them play with her—she is smitten with all of them!
I cannot think of anything more important than making sure that Margo is raised in a spiritual home where God is the center of everything. I know that if Margo goes through life loving the Lord and knowing God, she can accomplish and conquer anything. Now that we have her baptism done, our next goal is to get to church regularly again in the new year. I know that my soul most certainly needs some extra nourishment these days! Who’s doesn’t after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment