Wednesday, November 28, 2012

What did our Margo Faye just say?


I wish I could write down every single clever or funny thing that Margo says. She is talking up a storm and just amazes me. She is starting to understand opposites, such as Margo is little, mommy is big and is so into “liking” everything. She will say over and over, “I like mommy, daddy, GiGi, grandpa, maw maw, grannie, blue, pink (then say every color), milk, water, snap peas” etc… The list goes on and on! She likes LOTS of things! So in the past few days I tried to write down some of the funny things she said that I can look back and remember.
 
  • In response to lots of things, such as all of the acorns outside or all of her animals strewn out on the floor, “Holy Mackeral!"  GiGi is responsible for this one—I about fell out of my chair the 1st time I heard it!
  • Margo will pull her little chair and her play computer up to a table and say, “Margo checking email."
  • Cary rarely even drinks beer, but she keeps pointing it out in the fridge and we tell her it is daddy’s. She said, “Margo like water. Daddy like beer.” Now if we ask her what daddy likes, she always says “beer”.
  • When Cary dropped her off at school, she had brought a favorite dog with her. Cary told her they had to leave it in the car. She responded, “Daddy take care of Margo doggie?”
  • Another like… “I like Margo. Margo like Margo.” Sweet girl!
  • In reference to a penguin waddling in a book, she said “penguin dancing”. Cute!
  • I guess being pregnant it is pretty obvious, but in my blue tank top the other day, she said, “Mama has blue boobies.” LOL!
  • “Elmo so cute!”
  • Sitting at the table at dinner, I told Margo to look at daddy’s hair which needed a cut badly. She said, “It’s crazy!” and then I said what about mama’s hair? She responded, “I like mommy’s hair”. Good response!
  • After a visit to Lowes the other day and passing through the Christmas aisle, she keeps asking, “Go see Christmas?” I keep telling her that very soon she will see Christmas everywhere.
  • "Mama's eyes are blue.  Daddy's eyes are brown.  Margo's eyes are brown like daddy."  Wow!
  • Often times when I say no, like no we can't go to the park or no you cannot have a treat or no you cannot watch Elmo, she responds by saying, "We go to park morrow (tomorrow), Margo have snack morrow, Margo watch LaLa morrow."  If this prevents her from having a fit, I am all for it.  I love that she can convince herself she will get to do it all tomorrow!
  • At school she was napping, woke up, sat up, said "Mama be here" while patting her heart and then laid back down and went back to sleep.  Anytime we are leaving her she does this, so sweet!
  • Not sure why she was saying this, but "Mama okay.  Margo okay.  Everybody ok."


1 comment:

  1. You will be so glad you wrote some of these down later. It is so fun to look back on. Cute video! :) Olivia still says things like, "Maybe I can have xx next time". She has been saying that for a while and still uses it to keep her cool about not getting what she wants!

    ReplyDelete