Sunday, September 29, 2013

Months Six & Seven were like Heaven

Truly... my sweet boy has officially stolen my heart and I loved every minute of the past two months with him!  He is happy and fun and we have established a beautiful bond during these first six months of his life!

It is soooo fun having a boy and experiencing their differences from girls.  David is so much more physical!  He loves to wrestle with and growl at his toys, he loves to bang on things and swat at things.  He smells like a boy, but in an oh' so wonderful way, and he is so emotional, has a temper, etc... He is also sweet as candy and his little smile melts me in a way that words just cannot describe!










David is working on the usual milestones.  He started sitting on his own a week shy of his eight month birthday, he is starting to rock on his knees and can hold up his own weight in a standing position against something. I think he is going to be an early walker for sure, he has always loved being upright!

Like his sister, David is very verbal and tries to mimic many of my sounds.  He says, "mmmm" when I feed him and he is starting to try and say "mama".  He recently copied me sticking out my tongue to make a tootie noise and has not stopped sticking out his tongue since.  He is fussing less and tries to verbally let us know when he wants or needs something instead of just crying.  He loves to laugh, especially at his sister!







David already loves balls and likes to get a reaction out of his toys.  He seems to enjoy all of the things that Margo wasn't crazy about... He likes things that light up and make noise, his play gym and he loves the activity cube with round beads on the wire.  He doesn't love his books as much as Margo, but is beginning to show more interest and if it is soft and can fit in his mouth, he is in heaven!  A baby spoon is one of his favorite things and I always let him munch on his after meal time!

David is sweet as pie and his smile lights up a room and lights up my life.  I am so happy to have a beautiful little boy to turn my world upside down!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little guy!! You have almost made it through the first year! It is all downhill from here! Eliza and I watched the cute videos of David multiple times yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete