Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ouch... I just want to lay on the couch!

I started this week feeling great as I felt I was easing smoothly into my eighth month. On Wednesday, I had an MD appointment that went great and all had been well. Then Thursday came and in a matter of a day, everything had changed! I am so uncomfortable! I don’t know if Margo has moved or what, but my lower abdomen now hurts and I find it difficult to even get up and walk sometimes. At the same time, sitting is painful and my rear hurts from the sheer weight of her on my spine. So… I am stuck, it hurts to move, it hurts to sit and it often hurts to lay down. I am down for the count, I guess, which is hard for me to come to terms with. It is not in my nature to relax and I have a to-do list with 23 items on it that must be accomplished by Labor Day weekend. I don’t want to stop cooking because I get so sick of eating out and I had all these grand plans to cook and freeze several meals before Margo’s arrival. I made two things… that’s not going to get us very far. Standing on my feet is not an option with the swelling and discomfort, so I will sadly give up my biggest stress reliever of cooking for the next several months until Margo is here and I can get back into the swing of things. My last issue is work, I think my boss and I are going to have to talk. By 3 pm, my butt hurts so bad from sitting I cannot stand it! She is extremely understanding so I am hoping we can work on a plan for me to do some work at home in the evenings after I give my bootie a rest in the afternoons.

Complaining aside, it has been a great week as well! A few of my co-workers who couldn’t make it to my shower hosted a little “mini” shower for me. My girlfriend made a delicious meal, had the table set beautifully and provided delicious mini pink cupcakes. I got an amazing diaper cake, from my dear sweet friend who is so talented and I got some other great gifts as well. I thought we were just having lunch together and to my surprise, it was so much more! I am so blessed to have forged such great friendships through work. That alone makes it worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment