Thursday, August 5, 2010

Week 31: Tucker has a nursery!

Our cat, Tucker, is too too funny! He has clearly claimed Margo’s nursery as his own and has been laying his fat self all over it! First, we got the bedding on the crib. Before I knew it, he was under the crib hiding behind the crib skirt every day. Next, the chair came in (thanks again, Dad, I love it!). Before I could even get the slip covers in the washing machine (literally like 10 minutes after the delivery), he was in it, claiming it as his very own throne. I am so annoyed because I have to keep an ugly blanket in my new white chair, so he doesn’t dirty it. Last but not least, the top of the changing table is sitting on the floor because I am waiting for the dresser from my sister. I have the new changing pad sitting on top of it in plastic. This is Tucker’s new favorite place! I think he thinks it is his new bed. Almost every time I walk by the room, he is sprawled out on the changing pad, loving his new “bed”.

Tucker yawning on his throne!

So sophosticated sitting cross pawed!

Here is my week 31 photo. I am pretty exhausted if it’s not obvious. I am at the point where I am tired and hormonal and want to get my baby here and my body back. I cried at my desk twice in one day after seeing myself in the elevator mirror. Clearly, it was a hormonal day (I seem to be having more of those these days). I hope and pray that it won’t be too hard to get this weight off after Margo. Will I ever be able to wear a bikini again? Will my stomach ever go back? Probably not, so I hear. I have no self-discipline with food and I hate to exercise other than my daily walks, so I hope I get some serious motivation! I can’t seem to take a picture without my double chin showing… it’s so depressing.

I am lucky though and I should not complain. God gave us this incredible little life when we wanted it so desperately! I cannot imagine the devastation that parents go through who cannot get pregnant. We are being given one of the greatest gifts on earth and I feel truly blessed. So… I will try not to wince at that extra cellulite and puffy face and be grateful for life’s amazing blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment