Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Grateful...

As I just held Margo for 20 minutes and rocked her gently to sleep this afternoon, I felt so incredibly grateful... grateful for my time with her on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and I got to thinking of all the things I am so grateful for:
  • Being able to work part-time and have more quality time with my Margo. It is time I truly treasure!
  • Having an amazing mom and mother-in-law who provide excellent care for Margo on the days I work.
  • My incredible husband who is a huge help around the house and in the care of Margo. She is so lucky to have such a wonderful and dedicated father.
  • That two of my beloved grandparents are still alive and healthy.
  • For my beautiful siblings and their precious families. My relationship with them makes my life so much fuller.
  • For the cardinal that sang me and Margo a sweet sweet song this morning.
  • For the walk we took under a gorgeous blue sky.
  • For the amazing oak trees in my yard.
  • For the opportunity to lunch with three of my dear friends this week.
  • That I have energy enough to make a wholesome meal tonight.
  • That I managed to lose all my pregnancy weight in six months.
  • For the best dad a girl could ever ask for!
  • That I have faith in God and this gives me peace and contentment in life.
  • For the way Margo smiles at me.
  • For Margo's beautiful laughter.
  • For Margo, for Margo, for Margo... my dream come true! She truly makes my life complete!

Afterall, wouldn't you be grateful if you got to hold this sweet angel in your arms each day?

As I look at this list, I realize that none of these things that I am grateful for are material in nature. They are all God given gifts that have an infinite price tag. It helps me to remember that money, wealth, and the things I often wish I had mean nothing in the grand scheme of things and that those things truly cannot buy me happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bree! You are so sweet! And she is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see her again!

    ReplyDelete