Monday, October 22, 2012

Over Half Way... Hooray!

I cannot believe baby boy Weaver will be here in four months or less, as I am predicting. It is sneaking up on us fast, which I find a bit stressful, but also a relief at the same time. To say that I have not enjoyed being pregnant this time around is an understatement. I was expecting a big reprieve from all the yuckies associated with pregnancy in the 1st trimester, but that hasn’t really been my luck. The nausea is pretty much gone, but has been replaced by terrible reflux. I cannot bend over or lay flat at night without my food coming up and it burns like fire. Tums don’t really help, but I am still chewing them like crazy. I am still soooo tired, probably from a mixture of pregnancy and insomnia. My skin is a wreck and I have breakouts like crazy! Baby is sitting incredibly low in my belly, smacking me in the bladder constantly and requiring upwards of 15-20 bathroom breaks a day! Last but not least, a new symptom has arrived… this time I am having terrible lower back pain and cramping in my lower abdomen, all a source of this baby sitting so low in my uterus. It feels like constant pulling and aching and I have a hard time being on my feet too long, it kills to go on a walk, etc… Not to mention, as my belly is growing, my daily injections are getting more painful and I am bruising more.

22 weeks preggers and growing!
Geez, enough with the complaining! J Hard part aside, we are very excited for baby boy’s arrival and have picked a beautiful, classic name for our sweet boy… David Victor. David was one of the only names we could come up with when I was pregnant with Margo that we both agreed upon. That made it an easy choice for us this time, plus David is an amazing figure in the Bible, his name has beautiful meaning and not to mention, Dave Matthews is one of my idols! As Cary says, it is not trendy, it is very gender specific and the name David could always pass for a lawyer or CEO. Victor was chosen to honor both Cary (his middle name) and his late Grandfather, a family name that is strong and representative of one of the best men I ever knew. The meaning… Beloved Conqueror. I am pretty sure our little David will be beloved and hopefully will be a winner and conqueror of life’s many obstacles!
 
At my 20 week scan, we saw definite boy parts which was a relief and David looks fantastic! He is developing beautifully and weighed in at 13 oz. which is perfectly average. I can feel him moving a lot, although I am pretty sure he is going to be more mellow than Margo… he sleeps a lot more that she did in the womb and hopefully will more than she does now. We are busy planning his nursery and I am trying to use some pieces we have now, so I have narrowed a color scheme down to navy and white with green and aqua accents. I found an elephant picture I loved a while back, so we will be incorporating elephants as well. I have already purchased and received lots of new baby boy clothes and am receiving lovely hand-me-downs from two family members.
See two legs and a surprise in between!

Our beautiful boy!
Lots of changes are upon us in the coming New Year. The next few months will be busy with holidays, room transitions and lots of preparation. Please pray that David continues to develop in a healthy way and that I can get some relief from this pregnancy hell I have been in. I know in a few short months, it will all be so worth it!

1 comment: