Wednesday, July 17, 2013

On a Quinoa Craze these Days!

I have been trying so many new Pinterest recipes these days and most of them have been wonderful!  Specifically, I have tried a lot of quinoa recipes for it's health packed punch and great source of protein.  Thought I would share a few favorites:

Pesto Quinoa with Local Tomatoes and Corn

This was downright delicious!  I thought the amount of pesto was a bit overpowering, so watch how much you add to the dish.  The second night I put less and enjoyed it more.

Broccoli-Quinoa Casserole

This was just as good as the standard broccoli rice casserole, but so much healthier!

Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili
Slow-Cooker-Quinoa-Chili-Chicken
My niece, Kayla, gave me this recipe and it is nothing short of fabulous! 

Last, but not least, I am sitting here enjoying the last of the leftovers for this:
Sweet Corn and Quinoa with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette

I am not a big fan of citrus, but if I was, I think I'd like it.  Increase the green onions a bit for a little extra flavor.

Go buy some quinoa and try out one of these!  They are all quite tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment