Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pinterest Fare I Have to Share

As I mentioned in my quinoa post, I have really loved trying new recipes from Pinterest this summer.  I have always loved to cook and being a SAHM makes it so much easier.  My favorite recipes this summer have included beautiful organic grape tomatoes and using fresh corn in everything.  If a recipe called for canned or frozen corn, I used fresh.  It is so easy to roast corn right in the husk.  Just bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, perfect corn every time!

Here are some faves!

We ate these salads as meals with bread and a side of fresh summer berries:




Summertime Noodles w/ Sweet Balsamic Dressing

 My Niece said this was her favorite new recipe of the summer!
 
Yummy entrees:
 


Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives, Garlic, and Feta Cheese
I used halved grape tomatoes in this.  The briney flavor was amazing!

Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas

Thanks to my niece, Kayla, this was my favorite recipe of the summer!

Spicy Turkey Sausage with Black Eyed Peas and Spinach
Spicy Turkey Sausage With Black-Eyed Peas and Spinach Recipe
There is nothing summery about this, but this was the easiest and one of the tastiest recipes I have made in a while.  I served it over brown rice.

Sides and Stuff:

Asparagus Delight

I used EVOO for the oil.

Barefoot Contessa Corn Salad

I added my favorite grape tomatoes to this.  Simply wonderful!

Poolside Dip


Blackberry Pie Bars

I used six cups of fresh blackberries and all I can say is pure heaven in my mouth!

You could truly not go wrong with any of these recipes.  Most of them were pretty simple and spot on flavor wise.  Happy cooking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment