Monday, November 11, 2013

Month Eight was oh' so Great!

David's eighth month has been tons of fun!  In milestones, he cut his first two bottom teeth and sits up beautifully, without any props or assistance.  He also started saying, "mama" especially when he is crying or upset.  "Dada" was his next new word and Cary is thrilled of course.  Last but not least, just one day shy of his nine month birthday, David started saying "GoGo" for Margo.  Now all the family members are covered and his little voice is so sweet and surprisingly more masculine than his sister's.
Eight Months of Heaven


David is loving finger foods!  Puffs are an absolute favorite and he has tried some shredded meat, bread, and the biggest hit is French fries.  I could have never imagined feeding fries to my eight month old three years ago.  Unfortunately, solids are not particularly agreeing with David.  While his reflux seems remarkably improved, he is having worse symptoms of gas and is experience discomfort all too often.  His pediatrician is concerned about possible allergies and wants to take caution in introducing any other new foods without an expert opinion, so he will be seeing a gastroenterologist this month.

Weight:  18 lbs. 7 oz. = 40%
Height:  28 inches = 27%

David is getting up on all fours and rocking like crazy with tons of forward motion.  He is so close to crawling, but not quite there.  He loves to be on the floor and always wants what his sister has which is quickly proving to be a challenge.  Margo takes it in stride most of the time, and I am already trying to teach them both the concept of sharing and taking turns.  The small items have been moved to her room and she knows to play with them with the door closed since his room is right across the way and he is capable of getting there. 
Playing Peek-A-Boo with Margo

Playing in David's Crib

Playing in Margo's Bed

Our darling boy is the sweetest, smiliest thing!  He always has to be fidgeting with something and I love the way he holds his arm under me and strokes my side under my arm when I feed him.  He LOVES his daddy and has even reached out for him (something Margo would have never done at this age) and loves to hold onto his goatee.  The sight of Margo is pure excitement for David.  He adores her and is fascinated with everything she does.  He laughs hysterically when she sings and dances and he thinks it is hilarious when she cries, LOL!  As soon as she enters the room, he lights up and kicks his legs in excitement, it is so heart warming to watch.  Margo is going through a bit of a jealous phase right now, so I wish the feelings were reciprocated, but I know they will be eventually. 




David thinks it is funny when I use my electric toothbrush and loves to spin around and dance with me.  Bath time is a favorite, especially since he has graduated to a much bigger bath tub and he can sit and play.  Getting out of the bath is a completely different story, crying like you would not believe.  He does not like to be cold or to get dressed. 




He is much more independent than Margo, I guess because he has to be.  I know this is a good thing, but I constantly find myself feeling guilty that I cannot spend more one-on-one time with him, reading, playing music and teaching--all things I was so diligent about with Margo.  He is happy and smart though and is a bright and shining light in our world.  Not so long ago, I could have never imagined that I could love another child so incredibly much and that I would be so full of joy because of him.  My cup overfloweth and we love our boy more than words can say. 

1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing his little face light up when he looked over at Margo :) So precious! I too feel guilty for not being as diligent with Eliza as I was with Olivia, in all areas: feeding, reading to her, teaching her all day long, etc. But, they are different kiddos with different interests and taste buds! Life is also so much busier with two than with one! He is just too cute! Sorry about his tummy issues. Hoping that gets better with age.

    ReplyDelete