Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sip n' See for my Sweet Pea!

To say that I was devestated when my baby shower was cancelled, due to the onset of my preeclampsia, is an understatement. Not only was I sad to that I couldn't go, but I was mainly upset for my hostesses who had put so much effort into the preparations.

To make up for my shower being cancelled, we had a sip n' see to welcome Miss Margo into the world! We had mimosas to SIP and go to SEE a beautiful Margo in her pink and white sweater dress--matching cake below.





My sister from Midland and her three girls all came into town, which made the day extra special. My hostesses threw Margo an amazing party with all the bells and whistles. There was a really neat "fingerprint" tree where our guests got to leave their mark with a thumbprint and I will treasue this unique little piece of art forever. The flowers were gorgeous and included my favorite--peonies--they were so amazing when they opened up and were the circumfrence of a salad plate!





The sip 'n see was held at one of my most favorite restuarants in Houston, Backstreet Cafe, and the amazing brunch menu included my most favorite, shrimp and grits. It was delicious and I enjoyed every bite, including the mouth watering dessert trio with an apple crisp, creme brulee and Margo's adorable cake!




I loved the little robin egg soaps for the favor that went along with the bird theme in Margo's room. Unfortunately, I forgot to get a soap, but I hear they smell so wonderful you want to eat them. I can't wait to receive my little shipment in the mail.




Margo was an angel the entire time and fell sound asleep about half way through. I had a most wonderful time and am so grateful to my generous hostesses for the best party a girl could ever ask for. I am so glad that despite my cancelled shower, I was still able to celebrate Margo in an extra special way and create amazing memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment