Monday, August 27, 2012

One More=Family of Four‏

That’s right, folks! The Weavers are having another baby! Yes, we were a bit surprised too! We were planning to expand our family, but did not expect it to happen so quickly. I am clearly fertile fanny on the 2nd go round, which is a huge relief. I had surgery to get pregnant with Margo, but between headaches and MAJOR sugar cravings my suspicions were right and I had a positive pregnancy test almost a week before my missed cycle!


This pregnancy has been really really tough! I don’t know if it is because I am already an exhausted mom with a rambunctious two year old to care for or just because this baby is different, but this 1st trimester has been difficult to say the least. I have been horribly nauseas most of the day, which I was with Margo but this time was worse—especially smells and food aversions. I lost five pounds between weeks 7-11, but am slowly gaining it back. I got some kind of terrible virus or infection that knocked me flat on my back for almost a week and to top it all off, I have been plagued with the worst insomnia of my life. I was averaging about 3 hours of sleep a night and will just chalk it up to hormones, as this was a symptom of my pregnancy with Margo as well. Thank goodness, I finally reached out to my doctor and he gave me something safe to help with sleeping. I took it one time, slept 12 hours and it seemed to have gotten me back on the right track.


I have also just learned that I have protein-S deficiency and my levels are quite low. This is most likely what led to preeclampsia in my pregnancy with Margo. I will have to give myself injections of a blood thinner in the stomach for the duration of my pregnancy. Clearly, I am quite upset and worried about this, but am also grateful that this was discovered long before there was a more major problem. Now as I go into the 2nd trimester, I will be even more closely monitored than I already was in the 1st trimester. I just keep telling myself that it is only six more months, which is really a short period in the grand scheme of things and all of this pain will be so worth the end result.


All misery aside, we are thrilled to become a family of four and as I am entering the 2nd trimester at least the nausea is waning and I am slowly gaining my energy back. I have orders to take it easy this go round, which is going to be quite interesting with a two year old. Please lift us up in prayer for a safe and healthy remainder of the pregnancy, as it has been a bumpy road thus far.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you guys!!!!!!! Yay for babies and big sisters!! :)

    ReplyDelete