Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy Happy Joy, It’s a BOY!!!

My last post was written before we found out the gender, but not posted until after. I decided to just write a new post…

For my 1st trimester prenatal screening and ultrasound, I had it done at a genetics facility. They told me a gender test, that is 99% accurate, was included in my co-pay. Me being the anxious preparer I am did not hesitate for a moment! The results were supposed to take 7-10 business days, but when a week later (5 business days) my OB/Gyn said he got the great results of the screening (our boy is healthy!!), I hoped that meant the gender test was ready too. That day I called the toll-free number three times with one last ditch effort at about 9 pm. Low and behold… the results were in! After listening to the results about the screening, the voice very casually said, “And for the gender test, you are having a little boy! Congratulations!” Cary and I looked at each other wide eyed and called it back to make sure we heard correctly!

All this time, I thought it was a girl because I was quite sick with Margo too. We had been actively debating girl names, had finally settled on something and had a plan for room transitions, etc… BUT, after it has sunk in… we realize we are soooooooooo EXCITED and blessed! God is giving us what so many families hope for—the perfect balance of a boy and girl! Cary, of course, cannot wait to teach him all about football and pick out his first pair of cowboy boots! I am already planning for elephants in his room and bought a cute little picture I had spotted about a month ago that says, “You’re kind of a big deal!” And he is a big deal in so many amazing ways! Cary, Margo and I cannot wait to meet this boy!


1 comment:

  1. So very excited for you guys!!!! The perfect, "All-American Family" :)

    ReplyDelete