Friday, June 11, 2010

Week 23 - Hyper Dog, Crazy Cat, Growing Belly... Oh' My!!

This week we have had a really sweet house guest, Lola! While her parents (my sister) are in Europe, she is staying with us for a few weeks before being kenneled. We just can't manage her for the whole 3+ weeks they are gone and we are also going out of town for a few days. Although Lola is pretty hyper because she is a young Australian Shepherd, she is one of the sweetest girls ever and we just love her! She has been going on long walks, playing ball and Cary likes to mess with her by blowing in her face, which gets her all riled up. It is pretty hilarious! This experience with her has definitely confirmed that I really want a dog when Margo gets a bit older and I can stay at home during the day.

On other animal fronts, those of you who have known me for a long time know that Tucker is my cat baby! I have had him since high school and he lived with me in college. He is 15 years old and I never imagined I could love an animal so so much. We are very closely bonded! You also know that Tucker is a bit on the crazy side, but could not be a sweeter more loving cat. We recently got him shaved, which he used to love because as a Mainecoon he has a TON of hair. However, he clearly was traumatized by the event this time and doesn't like the way it feels because he is licking himself raw. It breaks my heart... there are sores and scabs all over his body. We are giving him allergy pills, but I don't think it really helps and we will try a round of steroids next week. I think until his hair grows back a bit more, this is going to be a constant challange for us. Pray for my boy, as I hate to seem him in this state. I couldn't get him to look at the camera, but isn't he a pretty boy? In the background are the boxes that will be going to storage this weekend as we continue to prepare for Margo's room--yaay!

Last, but not least... holy moly... my belly is already getting huge! Today marks the beginning of my 6th month, which means I have four months of pregnancy left! I cannot believe how much I am growing and my body is really starting to change. It is an adjustment, but also a neat experience. I am feeling really good and still have a lot of energy. I am trying to keep up with my walking and am eating pretty well. Can you imagine what I will look like in four months? I hope things slow down a bit or I will look like a whale! My belly is starting to get just a little itchy. I have been religious about putting on stretch mark cream, but I have heard it doesn't really matter. I really hope I don't get them. Time goes by slow, but I know I will be regretting saying that when I am eight months along and have nothing ready to go. One day at a time... feeling blessed and quite happy!

3 comments: