Friday, July 16, 2010

Week 28-Busy as a Bee, This Week I have been Bree

For those of you who so lovingly call me Bree, I have definitely been in Bree mode (nesting) lately. First of all, last week I washed all of the walls, windows, base boards, doors, etc… in Margo’s room with a bleach solution. It doesn’t get more Bree than that! I have a feeling bleach will be my best friend as I prepare Margo’s room and things in the upcoming weeks.

Then… To say that the carpet in our house was horrible is an understatement! It was brand new when we bought the house three years ago, but was clearly the cheapest carpet you could ever use—worse than apartment grade according to the installers. So… I was so excited to get my new, clean carpet this week I could hardly stand it! When I picked the carpet I had some reservations about my choice, thinking it was a bit too dark and listening to the sales lady instead of my own instincts (Bree wouldn’t do that). As it turns out, my instincts were right. I am a creature of habit and do not always handle change well, so this carpet is going to take a bit of getting used to. It is so soft and cushy and is laid beautifully, but it is darker than I hoped and I am not crazy about how the undertones coordinate with my house.

I actually had a pregnancy meltdown over it the night we got it… I mean MELTDOWN! It is amazing what your hormones will do to you. This is only meltdown #2 of the whole pregnancy, so I think I am doing pretty darn good. Needless to say, I am grateful for the new carpet, but need some time to adjust and to accept what I think was a mistake on my part. I wish I had more confidence in myself and my own opinion to make stronger decisions, but lesson learned… hopefully next time I will follow my gut! On top of that, the installers tore a bed skirt in the guest room. In classic Bree-like fashion, I could not stand to look at it for more than a few days, so I bought, washed, starched and ironed two new bed skirts and it is actually an improvement over the old ones, so I am pleased!

Here is the carpet in Margo’s room with the bookcase we just put together last night. We got a beautiful antique embroidery of Madonna and Child framed that will go on the wall above the bookcase. I LOVE the chandelier too and think it adds such a special touch to the room. It is still pretty much a blank slate, but hopefully not for long if Bree mode continues.




Other things that were crossed off of my to-do list this week included choosing a pediatrician and starting the process of obtaining life insurance. I feel really confident about the pediatrician and we got a great referral on life insurance! Several things down… what feels like 10,000 more to go!

2 comments:

  1. whoah girl, take it easy...Margo's room is looking good!!! just a tip, your list of things to do never ends so please don't expect to finish everything before the baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bree, you might need to back away from the bleach!! It will all get done! And, if it doesn't there will always be time after she arrives. I can't wait to see her final room!!

    ReplyDelete